Wednesday, June 9, 2010

pushing through the paralyzing fear

I have to make myself do this, somehow. I'm not exactly sure how, but I have to do it. Otherwise I'm stuck in this limbo of sorts that seems to have no end.

The fear is of the unknown. So much of what lies before me is completely unknown - what will my life be like, how will I get a job after being a sahm for nearly 20 years, how will I pay the bills, will the stress ever go away? All these questions, and so very many more, race through my head daily. The weight of them is paralyzing, and instead of working to find answers, the fear makes me retreat.

I know this is not good for me, and yet I can't seem to break completely free of the paralysis. I have times when I get something accomplished towards my goal of rebuilding my life, that I'm making forward motion. But then a wave of fear hits me, usually accompanied by yet another stressful event, and I suddenly feel like I've taken several giant leaps backwards.

Each time I feel I go backwards it's harder to find the inner strength to pull myself forward again. Again, it's the fear that paralyzes me. I know I have the strength in me to do this. I have to make myself push through the fear first. Just as soon as I figure out how to....

No comments:

Post a Comment