Wednesday, August 4, 2010

what a difference a year can make

A year ago, my husband kissed me goodbye, told me he loved me and walked out the door to go to work. I had no idea that he had packed some of his belongings in secret, loaded them in his truck, and didn't intend to ever come home again.

A year ago I started on the journey I'm on now. When I started off, I had no idea how I'd take the first steps, much less where they'd lead me. All I knew was that I had to start moving, so that I could start to rebuild my life.

In the past 12 months I have walked on paths I never imagined I would. A few times, I took the road more traveled, and was glad for the company on my journey. But when I could, I challenged myself to take the road less traveled, the paths I had previously not chosen while I strolled through life.

It turns out that choosing to take the road that leads out of my comfort zone has brought me some of the greatest rewards and joys.

A year ago, I was sure I would never be happy again. Today, I've had the biggest, goofiest grin on my face, and I'm happier than I've been in a very long time. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment