Thursday, January 5, 2012

Engagements...weddings...marriages

Lots (more than one) of engagements happening around me recently. Of course, the subject has been on my mind lately. Not really sure why - impatience, processing, healing, I suppose, and not necessarily in that order.

The thing about engagements is that they're supposed to lead to weddings, which are the beginnings of a marriage.

I can do, and am doing, a committed relationship. I love the idea of being able to wake up every morning with my boyfriend. I like sparkly rings. A party to celebrate being in love? I'm down with that. Yeah, even have one sort of planned in my head. Marriage? that thing that legally ties you to someone else? Vows that are supposed to mean something?  Legal ties that are really messy, and expensive, to untie?

(Anyone notice me practicing my lamaze breathing so I don't hyperventilate?)

Let's just say I need to think about that part some more. Good thing nobody's in a hurry around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment