Tuesday, December 14, 2010

and next on the list is....

Somewhere in the last year or so, life has evolved into a continuous series of checklists. Check off one item, move on to the next step. I guess that's what happens when you have to rebuild your life - you set some goals, you make some lists, and you hopefully check off completed items on that list.

I got to check off finishing this semester, and finishing my first semester as a full-time student for the first time in over 25 years. It'd be nice if I felt more of an accomplishment, but right now all I feel is relief that the semester is over. Some things are done because they are a means to an end, and right now, that's what going back to school is for me - a means to an end.

School/training means a better shot at a better paying job. A better paying job will mean financial independence and security. Financial security means I get to do more of the things I want to do, and not just what I need to do. Hmm, suddenly those check marks on my lists are looking better and better. Maybe I have accomplished a few things, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment