Thursday, December 30, 2010

messages

I was reading my horoscope for 2011 last night. I don't particularly believe in horoscopes, but I do enjoy reading them. For the most part, they're written in a way you can spin the positive out of them, and adding more positivity to life is never a bad thing.

Last night, as I was reading, a couple of sentences jumped out at me. Because they referred to the past, not the future, and they were reminders of a place I don't want to go back to.

"You've learned the hard way in 2009 that this doesn't mean sacrificing
your needs or denying your true self. No longer is the name of the game
about pleasing the other at the expense of losing yourself..." and "After breaking through any pesky co-dependent relationship snags in
2009, you're ready for the big leagues when it comes to love and
commitment."

Yeah, I know. Vague and innocuous, and leading towards all sorts of interpretations. But a message nonetheless.

And the messages I'm taking from it are:
Be myself. Make myself a priority. Honesty is very important. Love is possible, and real, and is a gift, both to receive and give. Learn from the past, but look forward, not backwards.

I'm looking forward to 2011. It's gonna be a good year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment