Sunday, March 13, 2011

wow, I got there in my head

I have this tendency to over-think things. I also have conversations in my head as a way to prepare me for situations I might find myself in. I'd rather know what I was going to say ahead of time, than be put on the spot, kwim?

Just nod and say yes, even if you don't. It'll make me feel like I'm less nuts than I really am. <laugh>

Anyway, I'll be going with my boyfriend to his company's huge annual event next month, and since I want to make a good impression, etc, etc, I've been spending a lot of time thinking about it and having conversations in my head. Including the one where I possibly have to explain meeting my boyfriend while I was in the process of getting a divorce.

I realized, for the first time in these pretend conversations I have, that I was able to describe the end of my marriage without anger or pain. True, I was using some of the more trite phrases like "we just wanted different things from the marriage" and was picturing me rolling my eyes as I said it, but still, it's a far way from what I used to say, in my head. A definite improvement, I'd have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment