Friday, March 9, 2012

lost in a book...

It's been a really long time since I indulged in getting lost in a good book. Some of it's been because of lack of time, but most of it is because I know myself too well. I pick up a book and don't put it down until I'm finished. Until last night, most of my reading has been done at airports/on planes. There's a stopping point built in, that way.

Last night I crawled into bed shortly before 10, and picked up a book I had bought several weeks ago. Yep, next think I knew it was after 1, and I only had a few pages left to go. Even though I had to get up for work this morning, it felt really good to allow my inner bookworm to come out again. With all the changes in my life over the past few years, I went from reading hundreds of books a year to reading maybe a couple of dozen. I had forgotten how much reading for pleasure relaxes me. Last night was definitely quality me time.

And today I'm paying the price and living on caffeine. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment