Tuesday, March 20, 2012

reminders...lessons...

I spent most of last weekend with a great group of people from survivinginfidelity.com. It was the first get together I've been to that had a number of genuinely remorseful, veteran waywards in attendance. It was nice to meet people in real life, that were on "the other side" who get it. They understand the depth of the pain. They know the devastation first-hand. And they had the courage and strength to work their way through it and come out the other side.

I needed the reminder. I needed to meet these people, to learn what remorse really looks like, to hear it from them. I had no doubts about their level of remorse prior to meeting them. That's evident in what they post on the forums. But I guess I just needed to see the "actions are louder" than words part in person.

People can change.It takes an awful lot of strength and determination to make those changes, no matter which "side" you started out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment