Friday, April 15, 2011

onto the next...

book, that is. I've finished the Brene Brown books, finally. Excellent reads, both of them, although a bit difficult for me to process at times. Not the content of the books, but how it applies directly to me. Had some moments of "I don't want to deal with this" which of course means there's something there for me to deal with and I wanted to run from it. But also had plenty of "hey, I'm already on this path" moments as well, which shows me my hard work over the past few years is paying off.

So, in the interest of continuing to have the hard work pay off, at the recommendation of my boyfriend, I am now reading No More Mr. Nice Guy by Dr. Robert Glover. My boyfriend and I are determined to have a healthy relationship, and to nurture it, and ourselves. He read this book as part of his hard work of putting his life back together after his marriage blew up, and he thought I would gain some insight from reading it. So I am.

It's a remarkably easy read. I wasn't sure what to expect before I started it, but there's a lot of good insight in the book. Some of it, such as about issues that can manifest from childhood abandonment, and what constitutes abandonment issues, is relevant for males and females alike. But the book really is for men, and about men. It's also good for women who love and are in a relationship with a former "Nice Guy."

It's interesting, and reassuring, to see how my boyfriend's and my journeys of healing have lead us towards the same direction - being our genuine selves and leading authentic lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment