Tuesday, February 28, 2012

maybe Tuesday's not so terrible after all

I was all set to whine again about traffic. Getting home from work was about as much fun as getting to work was. But I got home right as one of my kid's friends was pulling up. He's one of the teens I used to see all the time, back before I had all these major life changes, but I haven't seen him in months and months.

It was nice to catch up with what's going on in his life, and to just hear a (small) group of teens hang out and laugh for a while.

I miss that. Oh, I know I was incredibly fortunate to get to spend as much time with my kids and their friends as I did. I know  also it was inevitable that I wouldn't see much of my teens and their friends as they got older, regardless of the changes in my life. And I'm okay with that. I truly don't want to go back to the more hands-on parenting of younger kids.

But sometimes, like tonight, I get reminders of how much fun it can be to see my kids with their friends. It was nice to come home to that, tonight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment