Friday, February 3, 2012

rainy days and...

never mind...it's Friday. :)

it is raining, though. but I'm sitting here in my not-even-a-cube really hoping the afternoon stays as quiet as the morning was. I like Fridays like this. Well, the Fridays that I have to work. The Fridays I don't have to work I've got better things to do than sit and be quiet.

One of the things I should be doing on this quiet Friday at work is to start my to-do lists. I took a break from writing them for a while, after a conversation I had with my boyfriend. He passed along something someone had told him about writing to-do lists that hit a little too close to home for comfort, and I decided to see how my life would go without my lists.

This experiment was...er, interesting. I can't say it was a complete failure but it wasn't a success either. Turns out I do sometimes need to write down the things I need to do. Otherwise I forget to do things like throw a load of dirty towels in the washer when I get home from work. The next morning, stepping out of the shower, is not the time to remember. Just sayin'...

What I did learn, with this, is that I do not need a multi-page list that includes all the potential chores, errands, and projects that I feel like I should be doing. That just makes things overwhelming, and discourages me from even starting the list. So instead I'm going to try something else (another idea I hijacked from my boyfriend ;) and that's to make daily lists with only a few items on each list. That way things like "wash towels" don't get forgotten. lol

I've never claimed to be an organized, neat and tidy, kind of person. And going back to work hasn't helped any, at all. It's time I pull it together, and at least come up with some semblance of organization. Turns out I really do like having clean towels...

No comments:

Post a Comment